The Center for Diversity and the Environment (CDE) invite EENC members to apply for the upcoming NAAEE Environment 2042 Leadership Intensive Cohort (E42LI) funded through ee360.
The purpose of the 5-day Environment 2042 Leadership Intensive is, through transformative experiences, to create a cadre of change agents that will build a more equitable, diverse and inclusive environmental movement and just society. The goals of this program include:
• Developing leaders who are committed to effectively moving equity, diversity and inclusion forward in their sphere of influence.
• Relationship and community building, especially across race and ethnicity.
• Encouraging innovation through the exchange of ideas among people with diverse perspectives.
• Learning about and raising awareness of equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Strengthening the environmental movement by uplifting all voices.
• Applying learning to action within the participants’ spheres of influence.
The E42LI exemplifies a diverse, inclusive culture, demonstrating how environmental organizations need to operate to be successful. The cohort includes representation across various dimensions of diversity with a strong emphasis on racial and ethnic diversity. The program includes a five-session virtual retreat from Nov 1- Nov 5, 2021. The facilitated retreat will include: racial equity training, understanding environmental and racial history, relationship and community building, skills to lead organizational change, and tools to develop action-based solutions.
For full details and application information, click here.